Google’s Travis Hagens is our guest in the third episode of The Afero Podcast series. We discuss the Google-Afero IoT solution, a case study on Kenmore, and what’s next for Google Cloud & IoT.
Read on for a recap of the episode or listen to it in its entirety below.
- Cost & complexity are a major consideration.
- A wide variety of skill sets have to come together to create a functional connected device.
- Customers are looking for options that are flexible but packaged, allowing a technology partner to do some of the work for them.
Complete IoT: From Sensor to Commerce
- Afero: far edge (tiny devices), near edge (larger devices), digital twins, and structured data
- Google: cloud, insight commerce control
Simplifying the IoT Process
- Simplifying the ability for customers to build an IoT solution.
- Serverless technology framework
- Giving Google more responsibility in managing things like scale
- Customers can focus more efforts on their queries or code
- Simplifying the process of machine learning
- Many customers are ultimately interested in IoT because of Machine Learning and automation
- Google Cloud Platform: Still image & API translation offerings allow users to take advantage of data without being a data scientist
- Afero allows for higher activation rates and lower product returns
- Simple onboarding process: scan a QR code and you’re connected to the cloud
Case Study: Kenmore
- 80% reduction in IoT development time
- 99% fewer calls to their support desk
- 3x activation rate achieved in prior attempts
- Automated reusable tech + experience
- Zero outages to date
What’s Next for Google Cloud & IoT?
- Reducing error rate in manufacturing
- Automating processes to allow employees to focus elsewhere.
Full-Duplex Interactive IoT: Instant Response, Superior User Experience
The Google-Afero Solution: Simplification and Scale
- Simplification of device-to-cloud
- Simplification of cloud-to-insights
- A solution that covers the spectrum in a simple & scalable way
Listen to the whole conversation:
To be the first to get the latest updates on Afero’s take on IoT, subscribe to InnovaTe, the monthly newsletter from Afero.