Afero’s unique approach to IoT software has allowed for unprecedented levels of integration that easily translate to innovation and simplicity of operation, reaching across the supply chain to grant developers control over connected devices
- Monitor all devices in a single dashboard
- Scale from a single prototype to millions of units with the same cloud back-end
- Examine structured data for more informed decisions, analytics, and machine learning
IoT Software that Works for You
Far too many IoT projects end up dead in the water due to the complexity of creating, monitoring, and maintaining connected devices. The Afero IoT platform eliminates the bulk of these complexities through integrated software solutions that give users access to a comprehensive collection of developer tools, customizable product attributes, and ongoing monitoring and management capabilities.
- Simplified cloud, mobile, and embedded development
- Immediate onboarding and easy provisioning
- Elastic scaling
- Factory-to-customer and sensor-to-cloud security
- Built-in data ontology
- Fleet management completely handled over-the-air
The Afero Profile Editor is the secure “glue” between the sensor and cloud. It automatically generates firmware that the hardware module uses to better understand the device and its transmitted data, and to gain insight into how to better control the device. The Profile Editor boasts a simplified design and nearly limitless potential for customization.
In addition to the control offered by the Afero Profile Editor, it also features what we like to call “built-in ontology”. The Profile Editor automatically defines the meaning of each piece of data, making the connected device’s data streams instantly useful to analytics and machine learning apps that operate on the cloud. This ontology also simplifies integration with artificial intelligence technologies like the Alexa service offered by Amazon.
- Define the device type and add a description
- Attributes can be described as the smallest useful piece of data that can be communicated between the device and the cloud.
- Examples might include Current Temperature, Target Temperature, Switch State, Altitude, Direction, Sensor Value, Light Level, Error Code, etc.
- UI Controls
- Add new controls to your Attributes in this window
- There are a wide array of options you can choose from in this window, including different control types, value options, and labels
- UI Control Groups
- View and organize different UI Controls
- Preview how devices will appear in the mobile app
- Make the profile go live, allowing you to use the device with the mobile app
The Afero Mobile App
The Afero Mobile App provides easy onboarding as well as multiple device control in one dashboard, all but guaranteeing end-user success with their smart devices. The mobile app features our signature simplified onboarding. All that’s required is a quick snap of a QR code, and the device is instantly provisioned and allocated. Our simple onboarding process has proven to be a favorite of end-users, preventing the connection frustrations that often cause them problems. Mobile onboarding is as simple as:
- Install and launch the Afero app on your smartphone
- Android KitKat 4.4 (API Level 19) or iOS release 9.3 or higher
- Tap “Create Account” and create an account on the Afero Cloud
- Locate the Afero-enabled device’s QR code
- Tap the “Tap to Scan” button and allow camera access
- Snap the QR code
- If you are unable to scan the QR code with your phone’s camera for some reason, tap “Manually Add Device” at the bottom of the “Add Device” screen. Enter the hexadecimal code (don’t type the dashes!) printed under the QR code then tap “Add”.
- Enjoy your now-connected smart product!
Once onboarding is complete, developers can use the app to test and make any adjustments to the device via the Afero profile editor. The app grants also end-users secure remote control over any Afero-enabled devices, sending organized data streams to the cloud for analysis and monetization.