Afero provides a complete, end-to-end platform for the rapid development and deployment of secure, performant, cost-effective, and easy-to-use consumer IoT devices—from major appliances to high-volume commodity hardware to hobby projects and prototypes. The beating heart of it all is the Afero Cloud, and we’re looking for talented engineers to help expand and evolve our core services to support new and existing features of the platform.
- Work with Firmware, Client, and QA teams to design, develop, refactor, and maintain high-availability, high-throughput, scalable services supporting Afero IoT devices.
- Implement development, management, and analysis tools used by engineers and Afero partners around the world.
- Design, implement, and document APIs to support mobile, desktop, and natural language clients.
- Investigate, recommend, and integrate new technologies into the Afero stack.
- Ensure platform performance and reliability through build, deployment, and test automation.
Our Ideal Candidates
- Enjoy deep dives into technology stacks across different technologies to understand end-to-end system workflows.
- Are at home in a collaborative environment and take pride in their ability to communicate ideas clearly among diverse audiences.
- Appreciate the value of clean, testable code, demonstrating both high standards and flexibility.
- Have extensive working knowledge of cloud-based services, including caching, database architecture, API design, and queueing services; extensive experience with real-time data processing.
- Experience developing, tuning, and maintaining large scale relational, columnar, and/or graph database platforms.
- Experience building RESTful services supporting web and mobile clients.
- An instinct for automation, and experience working in CI/CD workflows with tools such as Jenkins.
- Thorough and effective understanding of source control (git) and issue tracking system (jira) use in a collaborative environment.
- Deep understanding of AWS.
- Experience developing for voice systems such as Alexa and Google Home.
- Experience and interest in front-end development.
- Experience developing/rapid prototyping with embedded systems such as Arduino, RaspberryPi, BeagleBone, etc.