The Afero Cloud Services team is responsible for the development and evolution of the Afero Cloud platform. We are looking for an experienced engineer to help evolve Afero core services to support new features to drive our service offerings. You will be working directly on the core services that are the backbone of the Afero IoT Platform. You will have the opportunity to participate in the expansion and evolution of an increasingly complex service environment.
- Partner closely with product and other dependency teams to craft great products.
- Own and drive development and delivery of features in the API.
- Develop scalable and maintainable web services in Java.
- Refactor existing features to meet new requirements.
- Integrate new features across multiple service layers.
- Work with different cloud platforms, using their unique capabilities to enhance implementations.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys working with and integrating different technology stacks.
- Takes deep dives into technology stacks across different technologies to understand end-to-end system workflows.
- Articulates the problem first before jumping to solutions.
- Understands the concept of an MVP and knows when to make trade-offs.
- Does not obsess about style, but adopts implementations to existing code bases.
- 5+ years of web and web service development using Java, C#, NodeJS, C++, and web-related technologies.
- Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment.
- Strong experience building and configuring “deployment pipelines” using tools like Jenkins.
- Strong experience working with different components of cloud-based services, including caching, database architecture, API design, queueing services.
- Strong experience with real-time data processing.
- Proficient understanding of version control (Git) and bug tracking (Jira) tools.